Weeks' Funeral Home and Crematory
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.



Marion A Fauske
Marion A Fauske

May 4, 1921 - December 28, 2016
Born in Dwight, N. Dakota
Resided in Tacoma, WA
  • Contat Us
  • Guestbook
  • Photos
  • Services
  • Send a Gift
  • Flowers


Marion Alma (Larson) Fauske, 95, of Tacoma, passed away on Wednesday, December 28, 2016. She was born near Dwight, N. Dakota to Marie and Lloyd Larson. She was next to the youngest of seven children. She was predeceased in death by her husband of 61 years, Einar Paul Fauske.

She graduated from West High School in Minneapolis, Minn. She married Einar Paul Fauske June 29, 1943; they were married by his father. Marion was a Homemaker, Girl Scout troupe leader, and librarian; she and Paul went wherever the Army took them. While stationed in Germany she took her Girl Scout Troupe to the chalet in Switzerland.

Together they went on to have two daughters Pamela Beaman of Kansas City, MO, and Donah Greiner of Tacoma, WA; four grandchildren, Elesha, Lacie, Paul, and Katrina; and several great grandchildren.

They lived in Alaska two years, and in Germany for four years. While in Germany, they did a lot of traveling. They spent a month in Norway, where they both had lots of relatives.

Her hobbies were Hardanger embroidery, and oil painting. She made many pastor's stoles and alter clothes for her church.

A Memorial Service will be held on Friday, January 20, 2016 at 2 pm Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 3315 S 19th Street, Tacoma, Washington 98405 just off Union Avenue.

"This is the way it started – My life" in Marion's own words

It all started when my sister Lorraine and I went to a young people's group at Lake Nokomis Lutheran Church. Paul was paired up with a real young girl. He was so nice to her, I was impressed. I invited him to visit my church the next Sunday. He had to walk from the Settlement House where he worked.

Before church, we had a long talk, and discovered we both came from families of seven. He expected me to have him over for dinner, but I had plans with another guy. I gave him my phone number. He said he was working at Boy's Camp for the summer, so I didn't hear from him for three months.

Then he called to ask if I would like to go to a Counselor's Day. At first I didn't know if I could go because I was supposed to go to a wedding shower. He called back and said are you going with me or not.
I went that day, and was really impressed. He was really tan, and could water ski. We had several dates, which had to be cheap as he didn't have much spending money. He had to take a streetcar as he didn't have a car.

Shortly after we met, he was drafted into the service. He wanted to join the Medical Corps, so he had to go to California. He was stationed in Texas.
I took two bus trips to visit him, which he helped pay for. My mother didn't want me to go. I as stubborn and went anyway. He gave me an engagement ring – it wasn't a big diamond, but I said yes.

We were married June 29th 1943. He had a two week leave. His father married us. We borrowed my brother Allen's car, and went North. We stayed at a nice lodge where they had horses. We had to have coupons for gas during the war, so when we told the gas station that we were on our Honeymoon they said we didn't need the coupons.

Paul was scheduled to go to Germany when he got back. He was a little beaver. It wasn't long until the war ended. He said they were walking down the road when they were told to sit by the side of the road, the war was over. They could bring back German guns, so Paul's duffle bag was so full he had to drag it. He kissed the ground when he got off the ship.
After he got back to Texas he was told he was going to Japan.

On the way to Japan, the Atom Bomb was dropped on Hiroshema. He said that saved his life. After that he was on occupation forces for a year in Japan.

He wrote to me every day, and I did too. The postage was free. Now days they use the telephones.

Anyway after several years we had a wonderful tour in Germany for four years. By this time our girls were teenagers. We traveled every time the girls had time off from school. I was a Girl Scout leader, all the way from 2nd grade. We had a bazaar and earned enough to take a bus tour to Switzerland.

During the times that Paul was overseas, my parents let us stay with them for just room and board. My sister, Helen, even gave up her bed and slept on the daven port.

After Paul's retirement he worked for the State of Washington, and I spent my spare time doing Hardanger embroidery, and oil painting. I made an Altar cloth for our church, and several pastor's stoles.
That's a brief outline of my life.



Gloria Dei Lutheran Church
3315 S 19th st.
Tacoma, WA 98405
Friday, January 20, 2017
2:00 PM



Helpful Articles
Read a collection of helpful articles about supporting a grieving friend, the importance of funeral services and the symptoms of grief.